Silicom PX-Series PXG2I Server 2-port Gigabit adapterItem Number: SIL-PXG2I-NP-OE
Manufacturer's Part Number: PXG2I
Silicom PX-Series PXG2I Server 2-port Gigabit PCI-X adapter - New Pull
The Silicom Gigabit Ethernet Servers adapters are 64-bit/133Mhz PCI-X network interface cards that contain six/ four/ two independent Gigabit ports on one PCI-X adapter.
Silicom Gigabit Ethernet Server adapters are the ideal solution for implementing multiple network segments, mission-critical high-powered networking applications and environments within high performance servers.
Silicom Gigabit Ethernet Server adapters have an integrated hardware acceleration that performs TCP/UDP/IP checksum offload and TCP segmentation. The host processing offloads accelerators frees CPU for application processing
Advanced Network Software Features
Silicom Gigabit Ethernet Server adapters supports advanced Networks software suite. The software suite includes increased fault tolerance, bidirectional load balancing, port aggregation, Jumbo Frame support, VLAN and server management Software for increased bandwidth, scalability, reliability and network availability
Copper Gigabit Ethernet 1000Base-T:
• Independently copper Gigabit Ethernet channels support six, four, two and one Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T), Fast Ethernet (100Base-Tx) and Ethernet (10Base-T).
• Triple speed 1000Mbps (1000Base-T), 100 Mbps (100Base-Tx) and 10 Mbps (100Base-T) operation.
• Nway auto negotiation automatic sensing and switching between 1Gbps full duplex and 100 / 10 Mbps operations Simplex or Full Duplex.
• RJ-45 female connectors.
Common Key features:
• Host Interface standard support:
• PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
• PCI-X v1.0 32/64-bit, 66/100/133MHz
• High performance, reliability, and low power use in Broadcom 5704 dual integrated MAC + PHY / SERDES chip controller.
• Ultra deep, 64 KB packet buffer per channel lowers CPU utilization, avoids PCI-X congestion
• Dual high speed RISC processor per channel for advanced packet classification.
• Hardware acceleration that can offload tasks from the host processor. The controllers can offload TCP/UDP/IP checksum calculations and TCP segmentation.
• Server class reliability, availability and performance features:
• Link Aggregation and Load Balancing:
• Switch dependent: 802.3ad (LACP), Generic Trunking ( GEC / FEC)
• Switch and NIC Independent.
• Priority queuing – 802.1p layer 2 priority encoding.
• Virtual LANs –802.1q VLAN tagging.
• Jumbo Frame (9KB).
• 802.x flow control.
• Boot ROM embedded or optional can be used for Boot ROM applications.
• PCI Power Management Interface. (v1.1)
• PCI Hot Plug. (IBM, Compaq, Dell, and Microsoft)
• Statistics for SNMP MIB II, Ethernet like MIB, and Ethernet MIB (802.3z, Clause 30)
• LEDs indicators for link/Activity/Speed status
The Silicom PXG6 has been verified by Sun to operate under Solaris 10 and Solaris 10 (64 Bit) operating systems.
PXG6: General Technical Specifications
PCI v2.2 32/64 bit, 33/66Mhz
PCI-X v1.0 32/64-bit, 66/100/133MHz
||PCI add in card 175mm x 107mm (6.9”x4.2”) |
|PCI Card Type:
||+3.3V 64 bit Card|
||+3.3V 64 bit|
||+5V (Min 4.75V, Max, 5.25V)|
||180 gram (6.35 oz)|
||2.4A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 1000Mbit/s.|
1.3A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 100Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical all ports operate at 10Mbit/s.
1.1A at 5V: Typical No link at all ports.
||0°C – 50°C (32°F - 122°F)|
||FCC Part 15, Subpart B Class A |
CE EN 55022: 1998 Class A
CE EN 55024: 1998
Immunity for ITE Amendment A1: 2001
CE EN 61000-3-2 2000
Harmonic Current Emissions
CE EN 61000 3-3
Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
CE IEC 6100-4-2: 1995
ESD Air Discharge 8kV. Contact Discharge 4kV.
CE IEC 6100-4-3:1995
Radiated Immunity (80-1000Mhz), 3V/m 80% A.M. by 1kHz
CE IEC 6100-4-4:1995
EFT/B: Immunity to electrical fast transients 1kV Power
Leads, 0.5Kv Signals Leads
CE IEC 6100-4-5:1995
Immunity to conductive surges COM Mode; 2kV,
Dif. Mode 1kV
CE IEC 6100-4-6:1996
Conducted immunity (0.15-80 MHz) 3VRMS 80% A.M.
CE IEC 6100-4-11:1994
Voltage Dips and Short Interruptions
V reduc >95%, 30% >95% Duration 0.5per, 25per, 250per
*According to Telcordia SR-332 Issue 1
Environmental condition – GB (Ground, Fixed, Controlled). Ambient temperature - 25C. Temperature rise of 10C above the system ambient temperature was assumed for the cards components.
PXG6: LED / Connector Specifications
(2) LEDs per port
Link: Turns on any Link speed (green).
Activity: Blinks on activity (green).
||LEDS are located in the RJ-45 connector|
||(6) Shielded RJ-45|
Copper Gigabit Ethernet Technical Specifications - (1000Base-T) Adapters:
IEEE Standard / Network topology:
Gigabit Ethernet, 1000Base-T
Fast Ethernet, 100Base-TX
|Full duplex / Simplex
||Support both Simplex & Full duplex operation in all operating speeds|
||Auto-negotiation between Full duplex and simplex operations and between 10Mb/s 100Mb/s speeds and duplex 1000Mb/s.|
|Data Transfer Rate:
||1000 Mbit/s, 100 Mbit/s and 10 Mbits/sec in simplex mode per port.|
2000Mbit/s 200 and 20 Mbit/s in full duplex mode per port.
|Cables and Operating distance:
||10Base-T Category 3, 4, or 5 maximum 50m * |
100Base-Tx Category 5 maximum 50m *
1000Base-T Category 5E maximum 50m *
*Theoretical Distance – Defined as half a distance as stated by the IEEE 802.3 standard
Operating Systems Support (all adapters):
Operating system support:
Windows98 / WindowsXP
SCO Open Server
UnixWare / OpenUnix 8
Click here to view the manufacturers item description/brochure