Ideal for NAS, SAN and DAS external enterprise storage solutions.
This fourth-generation Savvio 10K.4 drive provides the highest capacity and best reliability available in a small form factor, 10K-RPM enterprise hard drive. This drive enables 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch form factor transition and widespread market adoption of 2.5-inch-based external storage solutions for enterprise OEMs, system designers and end-user organizations.
Key Features and Benefits
· World’s highest-capacity SFF drive (up to 600GB) reduces $/GB costs
· 20 percent higher reliability than any other drive available and the industry’s first 2M-hour MTBF drive to provide 0.44 percent AFR
· Second-generation 6Gb/s SAS with dual-port communication and first SFF hard drive with 4Gb/s FC support
· SFF and low power consumption reduce user cooling and energy costs
· PowerChoice™ feature for T10-compliant power management enables IT organizations to tailor systems for performance and power consumption.
· Protection Information (PI) option detects corruption of data in flight between the host system and the drive.*
· Head ramp load/unload feature for improved device handling reliability
· TCG-compliant, Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) security option (SAS models only) eliminates the need to overwrite or physically destroy drives, enables safe return of drives for warranty or expired lease purposes, and enables secure repurposing or sale of drives.†
· Enables OEMs and system designers to design external storage solutions for organizations with green IT strategies, data-at-rest concerns, and power- or space-constrained IT environments
· OEMs, system designers and IT organizations can reduce system complexity and standardize on common form factors, interfaces and security standards.
This drive is compatible with any server that accepts small form factor (SFF) SAS hard drives