These drives provide the following key features:
• 7,200-RPM spindle speed
• 2-Mbyte buffer on: ST3200021A, ST3160021A, ST3120022A, ST380011A and ST340014A
• 8-Mbyte buffer on: ST3200822A, ST3160023A, ST3120026A, and ST380013A
• High instantaneous (burst) data transfer rates (up to 100 Mbytes per second) using Ultra DMA mode 5.
• Giant magnetoresistive (GMR) recording heads and EPRML technology, which provide the drives with
increased areal density.
• State-of-the-art cache and on-the-fly error-correction algorithms.
• Full-track multiple-sector transfer capability without local processor intervention.
• Quiet operation.
• 350 Gs nonoperating shock.
• SeaTools diagnostic software performs a drive self-test that eliminates unnecessary drive returns.
• The 3D Defense System™, which includes Drive Defense, Data Defense, and Diagnostic Defense, offers
the industry’s most comprehensive protection for disc drives.
• Support for S.M.A.R.T. drive monitoring and reporting.
• Support for Read Multiple and Write Multiple commands.
• Support for autodetection of master/slave drives that use cable select (CSEL).
This drive is compatible with any computer having an IDE/PATA controller.